Title: Dietician - Rehab Without Walls
Job Category: Direct Care/Operations
Line of Business: HomeCare Services
Join us in transforming peoples' lives and their communities! ResCare is a one-of-a-kind human services company offering services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, home care for seniors, as well as education, vocational training, and job placement for people of all ages and skill levels. Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Dietician - Rehab Without Walls.
Are you passionate about helping others? Don’t miss this opportunity to find career success and fulfillment while you help people reach their highest level of independence! Apply today! ResCare. Where Care Meets Career.Dietician - Rehab Without Walls Responsibilities
Provides professional nutritional services in compliance with state practice act(s)/professional standards to meet the individual needs of patients. Ensures adherence with applicable government laws/regulations, company policies/procedures and healthcare standards. Works under general supervision.
- Abides by and demonstrates the company Mission — Vision — Values through both behavior and job performance on a day-to-day basis.
- Interviews patients and assesses/evaluates their nutritional status. Determines the patients' dietary needs and advises the patient's physician/nursing personnel.
- Confers with the patient's physician to establish dietary treatments/requirements. Prepares and calculates therapeutic diets to meet the specific requirements of patients.
- Provides guidance/assistance/explanations to patients and family members to help them understand, accept, and follow dietary modifications ordered by the physician. Instructs patients and family members on dietary restrictions and drug/nutrient interactions as appropriate.
- Observes patients' responses to dietary treatment, notes changes in their condition and advises physicians/Nurse Supervisors and/or Clinical Coordinators. Revises nutritional plan as appropriate based on patients' condition and physician’s orders.
- Participates in case conferences, and acts as a resource to other health are team members as requested.
- Maintains and submits documentation in the format and timelines required by the Company, facility, local, state and federal regulations.
- Ensures the confidentiality of patients' files and documentation.
- Maintains/enhances clinical practice skills by attending, participating in/conducting staff development/ continuing education programs.
- Participates in quality assessment and improvement activities as assigned. Communicates information that enables data collection/root cause analysis to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Maintains the highest standards of professional conduct in relation to information that is confidential in nature. Shares information only when recipient's right to access is clearly established and sharing of such information is in the best interest of the patient.
- Adheres to and participates in Company’s mandatory HIPAA privacy program/practices and Business Ethics and Compliance programs/practices.
- Maintains a professional appearance, is reliable and punctual, cooperative and conducts self according to accepted standards of professional practice in the course of assigned duties.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned in response to patient/office/facility needs.
- Degree in Nutrition, or the equivalent
- Current Registered Dietician licensure/certification in the state(s) of practice required by individual states(s).
- Minimum of six months related experience generally required.
- Successful completion of any/all company required pre-employment competency testing and health clearance prior to assignment and periodically as required by company policy and state regulations.
- Good organization and communication skills
In addition to meeting your passion for making a difference in people's lives and career advancement, opportunities you may also be offered:
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Suite of voluntary insurance options
- Paid Time Off
- Performance incentives
- Company Discount Purchasing Program
- Cell phone Service
- Ford and Chrysler Automobiles
- Staples discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
Don't miss this opportunity to find career success and fulfillment while you assist people to reach their highest level of independence.
ResCare does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status, or sexual orientation in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment, or on the basis of gender in its health programs and activities.
7801 Mesquite Bend Drive Suite 108 , Irving, TX 75063-6043 USA