Title: Physical Therapy Technician - Rehab Without Walls
Job Category: Direct Care/Operations
Line of Business: HomeCare Services
Join us in transforming peoples' lives and their communities! ResCare is a one-of-a-kind human services company offering services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, home care for seniors, as well as education, vocational training, and job placement for people of all ages and skill levels. Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Physical Therapy Technician - Rehab Without Walls. In this position, you will play a vital and positive role in helping our clients with intellectual, cognitive, or developmental disabilities achieve their fullest potential.
Are you passionate about helping others? Don’t miss this opportunity to find career success and fulfillment while you help people reach their highest level of independence! Apply today! ResCare. Where Care Meets Career.
About This Career OpportunityPhysical Therapy Technician - Rehab Without Walls Responsibilities
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Physical Therapy Technician - Rehab Without Walls. In the position, you will play a vital role in helping our clients with intellectual, cognitive, or developmental disabilities achieve their highest level of independence. Not only will you see positive results of your work every day, but you will have an opportunity for professional development and advancement to positions of greater responsibility. Many leaders with ResCare began their careers as Direct Support Professionals.
Assists the Physical Therapists and Physical Therapist Assistants with patient-related activities and direct patient care. Works under the direction of the direction of the Physical Therapists and Physical Therapist Assistants. Works under close supervision.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Assists with treatment techniques per Physical Therapist (PT) and Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) instructions.
- Assists patients with therapeutic exercise, gait training, aquatic therapy and neuromuscular education per PT/PTA instruction.
- Records patient progress for therapists as requested.
- Works well with patients and team, maintaining professional communication and boundaries
- Keeps treatment areas organized and clean.
- Organizes and cleans linens.
- Accompanies patients on community outings, as needed.
- Drives the van transporting patients on community outings, as needed.
- Maintains the highest standards of professional conduct in relation to information that is confidential in nature.
- Shares information only when recipient's right to access is clearly established and sharing of such information is in the best interest of the patient.
- Adheres to and participates in Company’s mandatory HIPAA privacy program/practices and Business Ethics and Compliance programs/practices.
- Maintains a professional appearance, is reliable and punctual, cooperative and conducts self according to accepted standards of professional practice in the course of assigned duties.
- Attends/ participates in internal staff development programs as required by facility.
- Reports any safety concerns, or issues to management immediately.
- Performs other duties as assigned in response to the person serviced, office and/or program needs.
- High School Diploma or GED
- A minimum of six months prior work/volunteer experience providing an individual instruction, preferably in a health care environment preferred
- Strong interest in physical therapy preferred
- Demonstrates effective and professional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Able to work independently and part of a team
- Maintains a valid driver’s license and current auto liability insurance coverage
- Motor vehicle driver record background check results are within acceptable company standards at time of hire and annually thereafter
- A minimum of two years’ experience driving a motor vehicle
- Successfully completes the company’s “Safe Driver Training” and complies with the requirements of the “Safe Driving Policy”
In addition to meeting your passion for making a difference in people's lives and career advancement, opportunities you may also be offered:
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Suite of voluntary insurance options
- Paid Time Off
- Performance incentives
- Company Discount Purchasing Program
- Cell phone Service
- Ford and Chrysler Automobiles
- Staples discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Predictive Full-time, 40 Hour Plus Schedule
- Part-time and On-call shifts available (less than 30 hours)
Don't miss this opportunity to find career success and fulfillment while you assist people to reach their highest level of independence.
ResCare does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status, or sexual orientation in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment, or on the basis of gender in its health programs and activities.
1040 Robey Ave , Downers Grove, IL 60516-3445 USA